What is Aikido?
The photograph on the left is the founder of Aikido, the venerable Ueshiba
Morihei(1883`1969).Aikido was derived from the martial techniques of Daito-ryu,
and supplemented through the mastery of various other Martial Arts such
as swordsmanship; techniques that are harmonious and not injurious to the
opponent were spread throughout the world. Aikido is not simply a method
for throwing one's opponent, rather it is a tremendous method of continuously
re-examining one's own body and spirit. Due to the absense of a sport mentality,
this is a Matial Art which is available to men and women of all ages. Please
feel free to come at any time to observe the training.
Tanaka Bansen sensei
fAn example of Aikido is: when standing on the bank of a river, someone
comes along to push you in; but by pivoting around, it is the other person
who will plunge in. The act of then stopping that person from falling in
This is the teaching of the founder's pre-war disciple, Tanaka Bansen sensei(1912-1988),
who established the Osaka Aikikai.'Bansen' was the name given to him by
|Osaka Aikikai:brief history
||Tanaka Bansen sensei was accepted as a disciple of the founder, Ueshiba
Morihei. A dojo was established in the city of Suita in Osaka prefecture,
under the guidance of the founder, Ueshiba Morihei.
||The Osaka Aikikai was granted Foundation status by the Osaka Prefectural
Government Board of Education.
||The Cabinet Office conferred the statusu:'of Public Benefit' to the Osaka
Osaka Aikikai:schedule of events
- April 9 (Sat):
- Children's Demonstration(Shudokan, Osaka Castle).
- April 17 (Sun)@
- Joint Training(Shudokan, Osaka Castle).
- May 28 (Sat)
- All-japan Aikido Demonstration(Nippon Budokan).
- July 2,3(Sat,Sun)
- Training Camp in Nara (Budokan No.2,Central Nara).
- August 11-17@
- Headquarters dojo Summer Holiday.
- Octover 23(Sun)
- Aikido Demonstration (Senshinkan).
- November 23(Wed)
- Joint Trainning(Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium).
- December 26(Mon)
- Final day of regular training at the Headquarters dojo.
- December 31(Sat)
- New Year's Eve practice.
- January 6(Wed)@
- First day of training at Headquarters dojo.
- January 8(Sun)
- New Year opening ceremony
- Febuary 19(Sun)@
- Joint Training(Senshinkan)