Complete Errata Listing
- When a company splits, any of the resulting companies can move with region movement.
Region movement is not limited to one company of a split.
- You may play a character if you do not have enough influence to control them. However,
if there are any characters you do not have the influence to control at the end of your
organization phase, the character you brought into play this turn must be returned to your
- An on-guard may only be revealed if it could have also been played during the
movement/hazard phase. This means all targets of the card must have existed during the
movement/hazard phase in order for the card to be revealed.
- A tapped agent may take an action to untap (i.e., move from tapped status to utapped
- An agent may tap to play creatures at a site if the company is moving to the site.
- Attacks keyed to Darkhavens are considered detainment. [effective
- Dragons Rules, Characters Facing Multiple Strikes: Change "are then considered to
be canceled" to "are thenn considered to be successful."
- Dragon Rules, Hoards: Change "Each site with a Dragon automatic-attack (i.e., each
Dragon's Lair) contains a hoard" to "Each site which had a Dragon
automatic-attack at the beginning of the turn contains a hoard."
- White Hand Rules, Playing and Using Resource, Targeting Site and Resource Cards: change
both instances of "resource card may not target/affect" to "resource event
card may not target/affect."
- Agent attacks against minions are always detainment. [Effective 8/27/98]
- Corruption cards must always start a chain of effects. [Effective 8/27/98]
- If a company returns to it's site of origin, it may do nothing during it's site phase. A
company failing it's underdeeps movement roll is not effected by this rule.
- Hazard effects in play that affect attacks have no effect on company vs.company combat.
- Balrog players receive no MPs for hero items played at their darkhavens.
- Akhôrahil: Change "...gives -1 penalty to one..." to "...modifies
any one character's body by -1 for the rest of the turn.
- Alatar: Change "he must tap and make a corruption check immediately
following the attack." to "he must make a corruption check immediately following
the attack, and, if untapped, he must tap."
- Align Palantír: Add "May not be duplicated on a given Palantír."
- Arkenstone: (minion version): Change "and all cards he controls" to
"and all non-follower cards he controls.' [Effective 7/13/96]
- Army of the Dead: Add "May not be influenced by an opponent."
- Assassin: Gives 2 MP, not 1.
- A Strident Spawn: Add "Unique." [Effective 8/27/98]
- Bill the Pony: The body should be 10, not 6.
- Book of Mazarbul: Replace "tap the bearer during the organization
phase" with "tap Book of Mazarbul during your organization phase."
- Corsairs of the Umbar: Add "May also be played at any sites in Elven Shores,
Eriadoran Coast, Andrast Coast, Bay of Belfalas, or Mouths of the Anuin."
- Cracks of Doom: Add "Only playable during the site phase." Remove
"Otherwise, discard The One Ring."
- Cruel Caradhras: Replace "Minas Morgul" with "Imlad Morgul."
- Deep Mines: Add "Cannot be duplicated on a given Wizardhaven." [Effective 4/20/98]
- Deeper Shadow: This is a short-event, not a long-event.
- Dodge: Replace "his body check is modified by -1." with "his body
is modified by -1 for the resulting body check."
- Dragon's Hunger: Replace "Otherwise, the attack is canceled." with
"Otherwise, the attack is canceled and the opponent must reveal his hand."
- Drowning Seas: Remove "Cannot be duplicated."
- Dwarven Ring of Bávor's/Drúin's Tribe: One "reshuffle the play deck"
- Dwarven Ring of Thélor's/Thrár's Tribe: Values in parenthesis and brackets
apply to Dwarf bearer. The prowess/body modifications should read: "+2(4)/+1."
- Ent-draughts: Replace "as a minor item" with "in addition to an
ally or faction which has been successfully been played at Wellinghall."
- Foolish Words: Add "Cannot be duplicated."
- Fortress of Isen: Remove "A company moving to or from Isengard is
not considered to be moving through Gap of Isen (including one less Borderland in their
- Fortress of the Towers: Remove "A company moving to or from White
Towers is not considered to be moving through Arthedain (including one less Wilderness in
their site path."
- Giant: Add "Giant."
- Great Goblin: Add "Unique. Orc. One Strike."
- Great Lord of Goblin-gate: Add "Unique."
- Great Ship: Add "Tap a character in target company during the organization
phase to play Great Ship on that company." Replace "...contains a coastal sea
region..." with "...contains a coastal sea region and no consecutive non-
coastal sea regions..."
- Guarded Haven: Remove "A company moving to or from this site is
not considered to be moving through the region containing the site (including one less
region in their site path."
- Gwaihir: Should read "you may discard Gwaihir during the organization phase
to allow his company..."
- Heedless Revelry: Change "after the successful play" to "in
response to the play." Effective 8/27/98]
- Hold Rebuilt and Repaired: "Playable during the site phase."
- Horses: Add "Playable only at the end of the organization phase."
- Huorn: Add "Awakened Plant."
- Ice-orcs: Change the Shadow-hold symbol into a Ruins & Lairs .
- Ioreth: Replace "Healing card" with "Healing effect."
- Iron Shield of Old: Add "Shield." [effective
- Lucky Search: Replace "Discard all revealed cards except the item."
with "Reshuffle all revealed cards except the item back into the play deck." Add
at the end of the first paragraph "Discard item if the scout is wounded by this
- Lure of Nature: Replace "at the end of each movement/hazard phase" with
"after all other hazards have been played."
- Mallorn: The first sentence should read: "Playable at Bag End only if Earth
of Galadriel's Orchard is stored there."
- Morannon: Should read "This card is used as a Dark-hold site card in the
region of Udűn that is moved to..."
- Mouth of Sauron: Add "Man."
- Muster: Replace entire text with: "Warrior only. An influence check against
a faction by a warrior is modified by adding the warrior's prowess to a maximum modifier
- Neeker-breekers: Add "Does not effect Wizards."
- Noble Hound: Add the sentence: "If Noble Hound is tapped or wounded,
treat it as though it were untapped for the purposes of assigning strikes."
- No Escape From My Magic: Change "Playable on any faction in play" to
"Playable on any unique faction in play."
- Old Forest: Replace "healing cards" with "healing effects."
- Old Man Willow: Add "Awakened Plant."
- The Old Thrush: Add "Cannot be duplicated on a given attack."
- Open to the Summons: Replace "minion company" with "company."
- @ Padding Feet: Replace the first sentence with: "Playable during
the site phase on a lone scout minion (no other characters or allies in his company) at
the same site as an opponent hero company containing a hobbit."
- Plague: Change "At the end of the target's movement/hazard phase" to
"At the end of your opponent's turn." [Effective 8/27/98]
- Pűkel-men: Add "Pűkel-creature."
- Quiet Lands: Replace "is reduced to half its original prowess (rounded
up)." with "is reduced by half (rounded up)."
- Rebuild the Town: Replace "Playable on" with "Playable during the
site phase on."
- Reluctant Final Parting: Add "Determine nearest Haven using site cards of
the same alignment (minion/hero) as the ally." [Effective
- Rescue Prisoners: This cards gives 2 marshalling points, not 3. Add "You
receive the marshalling points for this card only when it is stored."
- Rhosgobel: Replace "healing cards" with "healing effects."
- Rhosgobel: Fallen Wizardhaven. Remove "A company moving to or from
Rhosgobel is not considered to be moving through Southern Mirkwood (including one less
Dark-domain in their site path."
- Ringlore: Add "Playable only during the site phase. Tap the sage and the
- River: Should read "Playable on a site. If a company that has moved to this
site this turn does not tap a ranger, it must do nothing during its site phase."
- Röac the Raven: Replace "no modifications to the influence check are
required." with "treat this influence check as if it was made by a
- Sacrifice of Form: Replace "-3 to any body checks" with "+3 to any
- Siege: Change the Border-land symbol in the first line to a Border- hold symbol.
- Shadowfax: Change to "an additional site card may be played and an
additional movement/hazard phase."
- Silent Watcher: Gives 1 marshalling point, not O. Add "Pűkel-
- Slayer: Gives 2 marshalling points, not 0. Add "Slayer."
- Stay Her Appetite: Change "plus two" to "plus five." [effective 11/3/97]
- Summons from Long Sleep: Change "When the reserved creature is played,
another Dragon or Drake may be reserved." to "Discard this card after the
reserved creature attacks."
- Thorough Search: Replace "...to play any item normally found at its current
site." with "...to play a minor, major, or gold ring item normally found at its
- Tolfalas: Should read: "Playable: Items (minor, major, greater*) *Scroll of
- Tom Bombadil: Change "that targets a company" to "that targets a
company, or an entity associated with a company."
- Traitor: Replace the last paragraph with "This card is discarded when a
character fails his corruption check."
- Treebeard: Replace "Redhorn Gap" with "Redhorn Gate."
- Twilight: Add "This card may be played at any time during any player's
- Use Palantír: Change text to "Sage only. Tap sage to enable him to use one
Palantír he bears for the rest of the turn."
- Veils Flung Away: Each body check is modified by -1, not +1.
- Vilya: Vilya should now read: "Playable on Elrond only. +4 prowess, +2 body,
+6 direct influence until the end of the turn. If Elrond is at Rivendell and your play
deck has at least 5 cards in it, you may take 3 resource cards of your choice from your
discard pile and shuffle them into your play deck. Elrond makes a corruption check
modified by -3. Cannot be duplicated on a given turn."
- The White Tree: Add "Discard the Sapling of the White Tree
- @ Windlord Found Me:
Add "If you do not place this card with a
character after the attack,
- Wizard's Laughter:
Change "Wizard only." to "Wizard only during
opponent's site phase."
- Wizard's Ring: Replace
"Ignore any effect that would discard this item"
with "Cannot be stored, stolen, or transferred."
- Wolves: Change "Animal" to "Wolves."
- Woses of Eryn Vorn (minion version): Change "Man faction"